Wednesday, September 11, 2013

POKEBLOG!!!

If you don't actually know me, there is something you will learn about me in this blog rather quickly. I am a huge nerd. I have over 150 Adventure Time, Pokemon, and Dragonball Z GIFs on my phone. I am on pins and needles for the season 2 premier of Legend of Korra on Friday. I play Halo as much as possible (Gamertag BetaMale89 if you need someone to teabag). I just like nerdy things. Like this:

and this:






The reason I bring up my nerdity, is because I needed to brace you for my topic today: Pokemon: The First Movie - Mewtwo vs Mew

First of all, if you got the Ancient Mew card for watching this in theaters, dap me *Puts fist on laptop screen*
Okay, down to business. I loved this movie then and now. However, a few inconsistencies that, because I am OCD when it comes to Pokemon, I must point out.

1. There is a scene where Ash and Co. are given a ride on boat by two vikings (Jesse and James in one of their disguises that would trick anyone) to New Island. Conversation goes something like this:

Brock- "I didn't know vikings still existed?"
Ash- "They mostly live in Minnesota".

MINNESOTA?!?! REALLY?!? Yeah, funny to parents who have no idea what the shit is going on, but every kid now and then who hears that line throws a Kanye-esque fit! Ash, you're from Pallet Town in the Kanto region. WTFuck do you know about Minnesota? Nothing, and that's exactly how it should be. HEY ASH! FIND MINNESOTA ON THIS MAP!
*Katt Williams's voice* Don't worry, I'll wait.
...
oh...oh shit, whats that?
dammit.

Anyway,
2. There is a scene where J, J, and Meowth are all in Mewtwo's cloning machine room. Just after Mewtwo captures all the Pokemon with his Illuminati balls, they start being scanned through the machine. Jesse and James both say all the Pokemon's names as they are scanned and they MESS UP. And obviously not on purpose for the movie because they only mess up on one name. They say "Alakazam" when this shows up:


 Does that even remotely look like an Alakazam? His spoons got big as shit. And this mistake bugs me even more because no trainer brought an Alakazam to New Island. Not even justifiable.

3. Dude says he flew to New Island through the storm on his Pidgeotto. It's clearly a Pidegeot. CLEARLY A PIDGEOT. I WAS 9 WHEN I SAW IT IN THEATERS AND I EVEN CALLED THEM ON THEIR SHIT THEN.

4. Mewtwo, at the beginning, was claimed to have been cloned from a fossil of Mew. How? There is only one Mew and he is alive....in this movie. I mean...I just don't understand it.

I try not to let it bug me, but this is important to child Sam, and child Sam was kind of a stubborn dickhead. Had to get it out here and off my chest. I do think the scene where Ash sacrifices himself for all of the Pokemon and they cry to revive him is still only 1 of 2 times where I've cried during a movie. The other being when Baloo dies in the IRL version of The Jungle Book. I mean, rewatch this and if your inner dickhead self doesn't tear up, I'm crying for you:
Get your tissues ready

Lemme know what you think of this post...or if I'm wrong, call me out!



No comments:

Post a Comment